This is a common issue that many of my clients don't think about until they're in the mastering studio getting asked about it. Did you mean to not capitalize this word? Well, here are some guidelines.
- Titles must not be in all capitals, all lower case, or random casing.
- The words Part and Volume must be abbreviated with “Pt.” and “Vol.” Titles should be formatted as “Title, Vol. x” and “Title, Pt. x,” where x is a number.
- English titles must be in title case format and follow the casing conventions as outlined below
- Supported languages must include all accents
These words are almost always lower case with few exceptions
Also, prepositions of four letters or fewer are lower case except when they are a part of a phrase or are used as another part of speech (like an adverb or noun or adjective)
- Always capitalize the first and last word in a title.
- Capitalize the first and last word in parentheses.
- These rules also apply for purposely misspelled words.
For the whole iTunes Style Guide, especially Appendix 2 regarding Title Case and capitalization, click here.